Sunday, June 21, 2009

My special guys

Today we went out for lunch with my sister and parents, and a few of my sister's friends. It was a normal lunch and we had a nice time. On the way out one of my sister's friends came up to me and said "I just want to tell you how well behaved your kids are. I'm a teacher, and I can't believe how great they were." It made my day.



Nate helps out in little ways all the time, too. He gets Jack's shoes for me, brings the newspaper to the table, carries groceries from the car, hauls bags to the car...he's just a great helper kid.

And in-between his sometimes-moodiness and grumpiness, Nate is the most incredibly caring and giving brother and son. He never ceases to amaze me. He's always giving Jack some of his juice, bites off of his plate, and toys. If Jack's upset, he runs to find Pink Doll or a pacifier. At lunch today he was handing bites of his spaghetti, and sips of his OJ, all around the table. He and Jack are just starting to be able to play together and boy is the cuteness making me want another baby. But that's a different post for a different day, right?

But seriously, who wouldn't want more of this around?

No comments: