Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Garden update!

It's been a while since I talked about the garden, huh? I've been taking some photos but just haven't figured out a way to tie the whole post together so I think I'll just put the photos out there and let them speak for themselves.

Everything has been going great except that I have early blight on the tomatoes. The little guys have been ripening; I hope to get at least some big ones ripened before the plants die off. According to what I've read I'll just have to take a break from tomatoes for 2-3 years. Last year that would have really upset me but now that I've grown so many other vegetables I feel good about all of the other things I can grow.

So...



Green beans! Never grown those before. These were the bush beans; the pole beans haven't beaned yet.



Tomatoes! The little guys are ripening; no action on the big guys yet.



Yesterday's harvest:



Lettuce in the "ground":



Lettuce in the bowl just before it became dinner:



Progression shots:

May 21st:



May 26th:



June 12th:



June 21st:

1 comment:

Emily Blum said...

Leah--this is amazing. In a week or two, you could open up your own farmer's market stand!! Btw, I LOVE reading your blogs and am glad to see you are doing well. Emily Blum.