Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Pantry challenge!

Thanks to some great grocery deals the last few weeks, my freezer and pantry are overflowing. So my challenge for a few weeks is to make meals with the random odds-and-ends (one lonely box of tomato soup?) plus all of the food stored up. Produce and a few good grocery deals are the only reasons to set foot in the stores. I'll try to blog meals as I can!

Last night I made simple "mexican eggrolls."



Easy peasey.



Start with eggroll skins, refried beans, some cheese if you're not vegan, and salsa. If you have the energy (I did not), sautee up any vegetables in the fridge and add them in. What I get a thrill about is that I got every item I used, except the eggroll skins, for more than 50% off with sales and coupons. Fun.



Mix everything up in a bowl.

Follow the eggroll skin packaging for directions on wrapping them up (remember: less is more when it comes to filling eggrolls).







Fry 'em up in a pan and voila!

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

I am a HUGE fan of these wraps. I like the little ones too. I've blogged about it..but basically I'll scramble eggs, add salsa and put in the little wonton wraps. oh yummy goodness and great when you don't really have anything in the house to feed anyone.