Thursday, March 5, 2009

Good Harris Teeter trip - without coupons!

Had a nice trip to HT this morning with only 3 coupons in my wallet! These deals are good through March 10th.



  • The gallons of organic milk are on sale from $5.50 to $5 (savings of 10%). They freeze great, so it keeps me out of the store every few days. The savings is even greater (41%) when you figure that my local store (Giant) only carries half-gallons and they're always at least $4.29 each ($8.58/gallon!)
  • The ketchups were on sale for $2 each (down from $2.99) and we're a Heinz family here. The dearth of coupons wasn't keeping me from my beloved Heinz!
  • The grapes were on sale for $.99/pound, and all of you with kids know how many grapes two small boys can go through.
  • The Palermo's pizzas were back on the fantastic Buy 2, Get 3 Free special! The price went up from $5.99 to $6.99 per pizza, but it still works out to just $2.80 per pizza after buying 5! The pizza is great, plus they have some fantastic vegetarian options (usually "Cheese" is the best a vegetarian can do, flavor-wise). Our favorites are The Napoli (pesto, fresh mozzarella) and The Messina (spinach and goat cheese). I bought a few Margharitas for the days when we have picky kids over as guests.
  • The Steamfresh bags (selected bags only; I think it was peas, corn, broccoli, green beans, and the bags of rice) were on sale from $3 to $2, plus they were also Buy 2, Get 3 Free! I happened to have coupons for $1 off 3.

  • Scenario 1 (without Steamfresh coupons): Buy 5 and pay just $4! That works out to just 80 cents a bag (savings of 66%)

    Scenario 2 (with Steamfresh coupons): Buy 10 and use 3 coupons - you'll pay just $5, which works out to just 50 cents a bag (savings of 83%)

Between this trip, my Safeway trip, and last week's trip to Shoppers Food Warehouse, our freezer is full. I love that feeling.

No comments: