Monday, February 16, 2009

I'm SOLD on online offers

All credit goes to Carrie at MoneySavingMethods.com

I read her posts. I analyzed the factors. I bombed the first offer because I didn't read Carrie's easy instructions carefully enough. I rocked the next one, and the one after that.

Last week I got this lovely Home Depot card worth $500:





Today I picked up these Mobil / Exxon gas cards worth $500:



I can't count it towards income for this month since it won't be applied against debt. But they'll save us tons on gas, and even let me splurge a little on garden gear for this summer (items I would likely have had to buy anyway, but now they'll be free! Free! Free!)

My plan for next week is to start a third card, and I'll lay it out step by step so you can see which card I picked and which deals I'm using. I convinced the FedEx lady to give it a try. Are you next?

2 comments:

Shawna said...

That is awesome!!! I am anxiously awaiting my cards.

One thought on using the cards toward extra income at least for the gas card - take any money that you would normally use for gas and put that towards your extra monthly income. That's what I'll be doing once my cards arrive. The $40/wk I normally spend will get paid with the cards, and I'll take that $40 and pay off a credit card.

Gretchen said...

WOW...I'm interested. Read Carrie's post but I'll be honest I'm a little gun shy over putting out the money first. I mean 90 bucks is not spare change in our house. Any thoughts?