Sunday, October 12, 2008

Understatement

Tonight Nate was stalling on going to bed, as usual. Nothing major, just dallying. He needed a second trip to the bathroom, and I walked him through it without getting up from my desk. He happily wandered back to bed and I smiled when I heard him tucking himself into his blankets under his tent (where he's slept for months).

A few minutes later he calls "Mommy?" a few times, but I ignore to see how urgent the matter is. I don't hear from him again for a while so I don't even think about it. Then he calls me again, so I meander in and he's lying under the tent, which is completely flat collapsed on him. He says, and I quote, "This is not up."

I'm still laughing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Equanimity in the face of collapse. Something we should all aspire to. What a kid! From Lovin' Grandma