Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Conversations

Some of these conversations with Nate are just too much. Here's one from yesterday:

We went to get Jack up from his nap, and must have scared him when we (read: Nate) busted through his door. He started wailing.

I picked him up and started soothing him. Nate asked what was wrong, and I explained that we scared Jack. Nate started saying "It's okay, it's okay, it's okay" in the high-pitched tone he uses for Jack. He followed it up with a few repetitions of "Don't be scared."

We headed downstairs and Nate said to me "We didn't meant to scare him. It was an accident." I agreed.

He followed-up with "Sometimes [his new favorite word, usually said all drawn out "sometimes..........."] we all make mistakes." I agreed again.

"And sometimes........we clean the pee-pee off the carpet."

Yes, absolutely. Sometimes we make mistakes, and when we do we clean the pee-pee off the carpet. Important life lesson for us all.

No comments: