Wednesday, August 13, 2008

That's what bumpers are made of (for)

Other Bumper came to us months ago after a long hunt, and victorious eBay win. I thought that since Bumper was aging poorly, a younger prettier mistress might win Nate over. But he's a loyal boy, and Other Bumper has been sitting, lonely, in a corner.



Until today. Today it was used to secure Nate's door closed for naptime.

Two nights ago I lost count at 47 times putting him back in bed. Last night he played with me from 9 pm to 12:15 am. I'm done with that. The bumper fix was a success: he banged around a little while and then called to me "Mommy? Mommy? The door won't open!" Yes, Nate, that's the point. He sounded so surprised and earnest, as if I was going to say "Oh, no! Let me fix that for you, baby!"

I figure if I do this every day for a few days, he'll forget about the fun and games and just go back to laying in bed talking to himself until he falls asleep. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it might be closing in on "give up nap" time!