Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Improvements all over the place

Jack officially crawled for the first time yesterday - right hand forward, left knee forward, left hand forward. He crawled to me.

He still mostly spins on his belly grabbing at things like a desperate tiny parachutist, but he's on the verge of real movement. He's already sitting up playing with his toys for minutes at a time and I can't tell you what a relief it is to have him out of my arms. Love my boy, but love cooking dinner with both hands, too.

Sleeping is still rough, but there's some change: three times now he's slept from 6:30 to 5. It's far from the norm, but I know we're moving in the right direction. I'm glad I trusted my Mommy gut and didn't do a full-out sleep-training with him. It's just not right for his sweet little self.

And boy is he sweet. Both arms around my neck, burrowing into my shoulder. Grins and slobber all over the place. When he's tired, he reaches up blindly and grabs my chin and cheeks and nose and just holds on.

What would we do without this sweet funny kid?

No comments: