Saturday, June 7, 2008

An interesting development

Jack wasn't feeling well yesterday, so he went to bed at 6 pm. I checked on him at 6:30, to make sure he hadn't thrown up again, and found him sleeping soundly with no pacifier. I was pleased at that - it probably means it fell out when he cried (for a few minutes) when I put him down, and he still was able to fall asleep without it. Good.

Went to bed early myself, and woke up at 2 am, a little surprised that Jack hadn't yet paged me for the first of his feeds. Went in to check on him and found him sleeping soundly - sucking away on the pacifier. Woke Stewart from a dead sleep to ask if he'd put it in for him; once my very confused husband figured out what I was talking about, he said he had not. Very interesting.

I'll be heading to the store today to stock up on more pacifiers; I plan to littler the crib with those things, so that whenever he reaches out a hand he finds one waiting. And I'll put a little extra money aside in the orthodontist savings account, and enjoy the heck out of my sleep.

No comments: