Wednesday, May 17, 2006

It's hard to take yourself seriously...

...when you're writing with cabbage in your bra.

I am right in the middle of a big change in my life. Nate started taking a bottle last week, and we've slowly added formula into his diet. Today he drank his first bottles of only formula, which means that I am officially done breastfeeding. I stopped pumping 36 hours ago, and you simply cannot believe the condition of my breasts. I had thought since I'd tapered off of the pumping that I'd be okay, but lordy lordy.

At 11:30 last night, Stewart was sent to the store for a head of cabbage, the seeming hands-down remedy for helping milk dry up. I have leaves stuffed in my bra as I write this. I don't know if they're helping or not, but I'll try anything.

So another chapter of my life with the boy is passing right in this very moment. I'm happy and glad and relieved, and a little sad that he's not such a baby anymore. Every day he is crawling, literally and figuratively, away from me. That's how it's supposed to be, but I almost can't take it!

I've stopped working on my business during the day, and e-mailing friends, because I don't want to miss a minute of how wonderful he is right now. Funny, friendly, outgoing, fearless. Fabulous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this message is a few days late, Leah, but I wanted to wish you a Happy Mother's Day. Congrats on your latest... er... acheivement. Oh, and tell Deborah I said Way To Go! You two are quite a pair of Happening Sistas! Much love.
~Staige

crazedmommy said...

I love the new pic Leah. Nate is such a beautiful guy. I feel the same way...its so sad that our babes are 8 months now. Where did the time go?

I wanted to give you a tip....frozen peas! They do wonders for relief :) I hope your breasts are back to normal in no time.

Carrie