Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Our current, most recent, up-to-date plan

So I had another check today, and I've made zero progress. None. At all. Also, my usually non-committal doctor said that I am, quoting: "Very, very, very, very, very, very, very unlikely to successfully deliver vaginally."

So, before today there were three potential plans:

1) I go into labor on my own, and see what happens from there
2) I schedule an induction on the due date, and see what happens from there
3) I schedule a c-section on the due date and get this enormous baby out of me

Being as I've made zero progress (none! at all!), we're taking the induction off of the list of plans. They're rarely productive if you haven't progressed at all on your own, and it seems like torture to go through an induction, some labor, and then end up with a c-section anyway.

So, we put a c-section on the books for September 7th, instead of an induction. If I go into labor before then, or I've at least made progress, we'll hold off and see if my body tries to do this on its own. But if Tuesday the 6th comes, and I've made zero progress (at all!), we'll cut this boy out the morning of September 7th. 7:45 am, to be exact. I've reconciled myself to it, and it's nice to have an end date for all of this, so this is pretty good news at this point.

So that's it! We'll see Horatio Huckleberry's little (big?) face in less than a week. Start the anxiety attacks!!

No comments: