Thursday, March 31, 2005

Say it loud, I'm big and I'm proud!

Two milestones in the last two days:

1) Maternity Pants. They are now on my official list I keep of miraculous inventions, joining zip-lock bags, wrapping paper with grid-lines on the backside, and Special K Red Berries Cereal.

2) Someone outside of my family noticed my little belly! My neighbor Patricia, who lives on her stoop, called down to me yesterday "you're starting to show!" Patricia made me very happy. Sometimes Patricia scares me a little, but not yesterday.

Less than two weeks until the BIG sonogram! I'd like to see the little bugger moving, just for reassurance. The last few days I've had to take a little Robitussin to make sure my horrible coughing doesn't spark labor, and the first ingredient in Robitussin is "alcohol." I've had 4 doses now, and they're each about a teaspoon. I can't imagine that it's going to cause lasting damage; hopefully the baby is enjoying a little buzz.

We've picked out a crib, and I've picked out some crib linens. I'll make the final decision after we know the gender - I wouldn't want to scar the poor thing by having a firetruck in a girl's crib, or a pretty butterfly in a boy's. Someone would be calling CFSA on me for sure.

I've decided to aquiesce to my mother's wish that I not set up the nursery, or even have much baby stuff here, before the kid is born. Jewish religion/superstition. I am going to paint, and pick everything out, but I'll leave it to her to coordinate getting it all set up while I'm in the hospital for as many days as I can stretch the insurance. I truly don't understand the women who rush to get home after labor. If they decided to let me move into the hospital, I would do it for sure. Meals brought on a tray? Yes, please. Someone to change my bed-linens? Sign me up. Cable TV, a call-button to a nurse, and a lactation consultant standing by? Seriously, who would pass this stuff up?

No comments: